- Ease of use 85% 85%
- Features 85% 85%
- Safety 75% 75%
- Quality of members 75% 75%
- Value for money 80% 80%
Gay.com was launched in 1996 as a dating and social site for guys who wants to make gay friends, need quick gay hook-ups or try bi and casual dating. Some of the interesting features of Gay.com is the ability to keep an eye on members who checked into your profile, liked it and gave you “thumbs up”. Other basic features includes the ability to view members’ profile and communicate with them in various ways. You can also add people you like and would want to frequently communicate with to your favourite list. You can choose to deactivate your account or delete it when you no longer want to use it. You can also download its gay app to surf the site on the go from your mobile phone with no restrictions.
User base Gays
Popularity (members) 3 million +
SYSTEM OF MATCHING
Gay.com has a simple sign up process and it is free to create a profile on it. You will choose a unique username and password, provide your email, describe your physical appearance, stature, and you will be able to upload your profile photo. After your profile has been registered, you can check on available members, make specific searches, send friend requests, get alerts on activities on your profile, send and receive messages etc. It has a community-based search where you can choose between leather, twinks, bears and muscles. There is also the “poz community”, dedicated to HIV+ guys and you must have signed up as an HIV positive person at the point of registration to gain access to this community.
PROS AND CONS
- It has a clean UI, simple design, and it is easy to navigate.
- The customer support team are available to members 24/7/365 and can be contacted by phone, email or mailing service.
- You need to subscribe to a plan to enjoy full access to the features.
- Its gay app for android and iOS mobile devices has been discontinued under the new management.
- The chat room and other features have been taken down under the new management.
Gay.com is a popular gay casual dating site with a large user base of active members and daily visitors. As of August 1, it is now run by a new management and all previous profiles have been removed including the chat room. It is easy to use and you will be able to communicate with your gay friends and make detailed searches with the search tools. It has a fully-staffed customer service which runs 24/7. With your basic membership, you will be able to use the chat and messaging feature for free. However, you will have to subscribe to a plan if you want to enjoy unlimited access to its other features. The site is one of the most recognized gay dating community for bi and curious men, and you should give it a try as it promises to help single men find quick gay hook-ups.
- You can create a free profile and upload up to 16 photos.
- You can communicate with gays online via video chats and emails.
- You will be able to check private photos and view members’ profile anonymously.
- It has a sophisticated search tool for precise searches like a search for members currently online or members in your area.
- You can from a special tab keep an eye on members who checked into your profile and liked it.
- You will have access to several adult photos and read the latest news.
Subscription Access period
$11.99 1 month
*Visit the website for the latest gay.com pricing.